Video From HBO Documentary Shows Obama Speechwriter Ben Rhodes Was Shell-Shocked on the Night Trump Won

In HBO’s “The Final Year” documentary, which shows the final year of former President Barack Obama’s administration, the film crew captured the moment Obama speechwriter and aide Ben Rhodes realized Donald Trump was going to win the election.

Rhodes is seen sitting down and appears to be stunned.

“I just came outside to try to process all this, um … it’s a lot to process,” Rhodes stammers.

As he struggles to speak, the Obama aide is seen staring at the ground.

Watch the video below:

“I mean, uh … I can’t even … I … I, I can’t….” he continues.

The documentary also follows U.S. Ambassador to the United Nations Samantha Power, and it shows her watch party on election night taking a somber tone once she and her guests come to the realization that Trump was going to be the next president.

“Well, I’ve had a lot of bad ideas in my life, but none as immortalized as this one,” Power told Politico. “I decided on election night to invite the 37 women ambassadors to the U.N., many of whom face struggles in their own foreign service, or at the U.N. of a kind that, as an American, I never did. And I thought what an amazing night for them. […]

“And then, it slowly dawning on us that not only was this going to be much closer than anybody anticipated but that it was not going to end well,” she added.

The post Video From HBO Documentary Shows Obama Speechwriter Ben Rhodes Was Shell-Shocked on the Night Trump Won appeared first on Conservative Fighters.



from News – Conservative Fighters https://ift.tt/2H6EqDB
via IFTTT

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rosie O’Donnell Calls for Trump Assassination… REGRETS IT IMMEDIATELY!

WALSH: Yes, Ilhan Omar’s Alleged Adultery Matters. Here’s Why.

Newly Declassified FBI Materials Show Bureau Treated Clinton, Trump Campaigns Differently On Foreign Interference